Want to attend a program but not part of a large organization? Now you too can attend a workshop delivered by Rob Jolles!
In these one and two-day workshops you’ll learn how to harness the processes typically taught to large corporations, and most importantly, you’ll learn how to tailor these techniques to fit your unique real-world environment.
How to Change Minds, One and Two Day Programs
Programs filled on an on demand basis. Contact us to inquire about future dates.
(see Hotels Accommodations page for logistics)
Participants Who Attend This Program…
- Leave with repeatable, predictable processes that are based on over 25 years of research, refinement, and delivery.
- Leave with job aids to assist in implementation.
- Leave with Mental Agility® exercises to assist in implementation.
- Leave with a participant guide that tracks the presentation being delivered, and your choice of an autographed copy of Customer Centered Selling or How to Change Minds.
How to Change Minds, Two-Day Workshop
In this two-day workshop, you will dive deeper into the art of influencing behavior by examining opening techniques, adjusting to personalities, and addressing objections through additional small group exercises, case-studies, and mental agility® exercises. $1,500 More >>
Cancellation: Jolles Associates, Inc. will be notified with a minimum 21-day notice. Should 21 days notice not be given, Jolles Associates, Inc. will be reimbursed the full agreed upon amount for delivery.
Also offered: (not currently scheduled)
Executive Presentation Skills Workshop
In this two and a half day workshop, you will learn how to present information in using techniques pioneered through Rob’s over 30 years of standup delivery. From grabbing the attention of an audience, to sustaining that interest throughout, this program tracks the many techniques found in Rob Jolles’ Bestselling book, How to Run Seminars & Workshops, now in its third edition. $1,600 More >>
Tuition For All Programs Includes
- Supporting participant guides, handouts, books, and all training materials.
- Coffee, tea, and juice
- Break carts in the morning and afternoon
- Buffet lunch
- Afternoon snacks